amomentsilence

Reckless Indulgence on BL

The Booklikes companion and bookcase of Reckless Indulgence | of the Written Word.

Travels with Penny: True Tales of a Gay Guy and His Mother
The Dangers of Fairy Compacts
Katey Hawthorne
The Library at Mount Char
Scott Hawkins

Prosperity (A Prosperity Novel)

Prosperity (A Prosperity Novel) - Alexis Hall
This review can also be found on my blog:
Reckless Indulgence | of the Written Word

This was better than I could have imagined! I loved the consistent, snarky voice of characters, the diversity of the cast, the setting and world-building... ASDFGHJKL:LKJHGFDS I have only praise for this book. It goes right up there as one of my favorite books of the year!

I literally had moments of actual laughing out loud and scaring people around me. I'm not even joking here.

This novel is abso-friggin-lutely the best thing ever and you HAVE to read it if you're into:
• Skyships!
• Victorian-esque inspired alternative worlds!
• Ridiculously hot and snarky as ALL hell antihero!
• MAGNIFICENT WORLD-BUILDING *FOAMS…. AT…. MOUTH*
• Interlinking novellas/stories ALL WITHIN ONE NOVEL *THIS IS MY FAVOURITE THING THOUGH, HONEST*
• Did I forget to mention THE COVER ART?!?!? *PTERODACTYL SCREECHES BECAUSE HOMGGGG* I took one look at that cover and knew I wanted an ARC of this book and I WOULD HAVE IT IF IT WAS THE LAST THING I DID
• THE INSANELY IN CHARACTER, IN-VOICE NARRATION – which I know, for some people can be a problem. And truthfully, if the author doesn't know what they're doing accents can sound like complete nonsense or just come out wonky—EXCEPT THAT'S NOT THE CASE HERE. ALEXIS HALL RULES!!

• The style of storytelling, which I very much choose to read as a series of scenes that all worked together to create the bigger whole.
• Distinct voices of ALL the characters (not just the main one)
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!
• Lush, fully developed characters that I could BELIEVE. WHOLLY.
• The name PICCADILLY. Because, honestly, how can you not love someone with a name like that?

I recently got an ARC for [b:Liberty and Other Stories|23484054|Liberty and Other Stories (Prosperity, #2-4, 6)|Alexis Hall|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1414768619s/23484054.jpg|43074892] which combines Books 2-4 and 6 together in a single volume. I cannot wait to see what shenanigans the characters will get up to in these stories to come… >)